Show All Results
Chemical Packaging Operator 1 - 2nd Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
*$3,000 sign-on bonus if hired for this position
Chemical Packaging Operator 1
The Chemical Packaging Operator 1 at MilliporeSigma will complete the following tasks daily:
- Stage, fill (manually or semi-automatically), cap, label and over-pack liquid and solid products per approved packaging specifications while using all required safety equipment
- Complete appropriate packaging documentation per ISO procedures
- Deliver products to inventory
- Follow and support all safety and quality procedures and systems
- Wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, rubber apron, chemical protective suits and gloves, safety glasses and goggles
- Stand for extended periods of time with repetitive movements throughout the shift
- Work with and in proximity of hazardous chemicals
- Lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry or other science related field
- Prior industrial or chemical handling experience
- Apply SOPs, cleaning protocols and work and conduct rules
- Strong mechanical proficiency and basic mathematical skills
- Legible handwriting and strong oral and written communication skills
- Good problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to train others and work in a team setting
Shift/hours: 2nd shift position, Mon- Fri, 2:00 PM - 10:30 PM
Pay rate: $20.00/hr
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.