Show All Results
Account Manager Academic, Minnesota
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Research Solutions, Lab Americas Sales Organization of MilliporeSigma is seeking a Research Account Manager (A/G/H: Academic/Gov’t/Hospital) to support the growth strategy of the division. An Account Manager is responsible for establishing and growing customer accounts in Minnesota. The ideal candidate is passionate about what they do, stays focused, and works well on a team. The role is field based located in Minnesota covering Mayo Clinic and the University of Minnesota.
- Travels as required to meet the sales objectives
- Consistently achieve sales targets established by the Sales Manager.
- Submission of accurate quarterly forecasts and forecast updates as requested on a timely basis.
- Efficiently run territory through planned coverage and interaction with key accounts, thought leaders, and end users.
- Maintain a high level of technical and application competence and apply this knowledge in a manner which will enable him/her to contribute to our products and services, to promote and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain effective and professional communication in the field and with internal contacts in the Corporation.
- Schedule and complete seminars, shows, blitzes, and pricing promotions within the defined territory.
- Lead the overall distribution relationship within your territory to include - but not limited to - account POA’s (Plan of Action), business reviews, and training.
- Run effective pricing strategies to include – but not limited to – contracts and price offer programs (POP’s): Renewals, negotiations, and implementations.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences, biology, chemistry or similar field
- 1+ year of lab experience
- 3+ years of demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding sales targets with business-to-business sales
- Masters or PhD degree with laboratory experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in preparing and implementing tactical business plans at the territory level and account level.
- Demonstrated capability of establishing relationships at all appropriate account levels to close the sales process.
- Thorough with excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience.
- Relevant experience in the Life Science market.
- Demonstrated ability with Excel, Microsoft Office software, SalesForce.com or other CRM in a business environment.
- Knowledge of varying supply chain procurement processes and or options.
- Ability to work in a matrixed organization inspiring teamwork to achieve results.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.