Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Application Engineer for SAP PI/PO (Process Integration/Process Orchestration) acts as Solution Owner for integration solutions to facilitate the exchange of information among various systems and applications and those of external parties.
Based on SAP PI/PO as SAP's enterprise application integration (EAI) software the Application manages and secures the continuous ‘Operation’ of these applications.
The role includes the solutioning, design and implementation of adequate interface solutions following defined change processes and standards according to customer requirements. This will also be done by leveraging technical skills provided by external partners.
In summary we require an excellent understanding of integration concepts as provided by SAP NetWeaver PI/PO and how to implement them. This should be combined with a good knowledge of ALE/EDI configuration in connected systems (mainly ERP systems).
Service Performance Monitoring of the Application Managed Services provided by our strategic partners belongs to the role to meet the agreed KPIs. This includes periodic reviews and the use of defined processes to hand over new services.
Ensure customer satisfaction through proper solution design delivery, applications life cycle management and service performance monitoring while maintaining necessary internal (process, security) and external (GxP, GDPR, license) compliance.
Secure minimal business disruption on application go live based on proper design and formal project hand-over process.
- Lead technical design of applications/solutions in portfolio
- Provide technical services and functional advice on the implementation of business applications
- Provide functional/technical support to project teams
- Provide the technical input for defining and maintaining the development standard and guidelines
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent in Computer Sciences and/or Business Administration
- 8 years of experience in software or applications services
- 4 years of experience within an international environment
- English mandatory (written and spoken)
- An additional language (German) is an asset
Skills & Competencies
- Capable to independently coordinate the set-up of new interfaces. This includes realignment with various teams and functions- Security, Networking, SAP Basis, project teams, external and internal customers
- Close alignment with the central PI/PO AO team (located in Darmstadt) to follow one common standard in implementation and configuration
- SAP PI (Dual Stack); SAP PO (Java Single Stack only)
- SAP PI B2B Add-on
- Databases (Oracle, MS SQL, HANA)
- Knowledge in SOA and REST technology
- Good knowledge in ERP systems to enable ALE/EDI
- Experience in Cloud Solutions (SAP Cloud Platform/ SAP Cloud Platform Integration)
- Ownership of all SFDC related integration processes, Ariba integration and SOA Manager configuration in the dedicated ERP systems (incl. MDG)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Willingness to travel
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html