Show All Results
Head of Sustainability (ESG)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The primary objectives are to work in a corporate role of developing and executing key sustainability initiatives and programs in Korea branch to enhance the Korea branch’s reputation externally and internally. The role is expected to collaborate with regional/global Sustainability team as well as Korea branch’s various sector business groups and multi-functions. you will also intermittently work towards creating conducive government affair framework conditions, raising company equity with government and the reputation as a respected, professional, and ethical company in Korea.
The Sustainability Manager for Korea has a solid reporting line the Managing Director of Korea branch (based in Seoul).
- Lead and support the creation of ESG/CSR/Sustainability initiatives in Korea & Ensure flawless execution of the activities.
- Work closely with the business teams on localization of global initiatives/campaigns, mainly with the plant SCM teams to collaborate for Carbon dioxide emissions, plant energy usage campaigns etc.
- Roll out new sustainability initiatives – tackling environmental and social challenges – that are meaningful for Korea branch and the people we serve
- Liaise closely with Country Council Korea, Legal and Communications to support key programs across the organization
- Lead/facilitate the development of key messages & employee engagement activities on Sustainability
- Manage relationships with key NGOs
- Explore new partnerships and ensure validation of new NGOs
- Other government affairs tasks upon the superior's request
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s Degree mandatory, Master's Degree preferred.
- 7~11 years of relevant working experience in ESG role from private corporates or Management Consulting firms preferred.
- Proven experience in working with or within Government institutions in Korea
- Experience from regulated industry sectors, e.g. Semi-Conductor, Life Science, Pharma, Health Care etc.
- Ability to and interest in working as part of a team in developing business strategies and plans involving government outreach and engagement.
- Understanding of the country’s process and knowledge about how to research and best collaborate with Government institutions to create public value
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (esp. Excel and Power Point)
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, diplomatic, a good team-player
- Fluent in English (Speaking/ Written)
보훈대상자 및 취업보호대상자는 관련법에 의거하여 우대합니다.
- 지원서의 기재사항이 사실과 다른 것으로 확인되거나 Reference from previous employer 상에 채용상의 결격사유가 확인될 경우 합격 또는 채용이 취소될 수 있습니다
- (The company reserves the right to withdraw the offer, it if discovers subsequently that a candidate has given false information in application or has provided false or fraudulent documentation in support of his/her application. The offer is conditional upon satisfactory results of reference checks.)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com