Show All Results
Senior Group Controller Cash Flow & Valuation (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Your role: You are an integral part of the Group Controlling Planning, Forecasting & Resource Allocation team. You manage key areas of financial support to the Group and the executive board, including but not limited to forecasting and strategic planning with special focus on Cash Flow, EPS, Debt and Value Creation development. You provide financial decision support on a wide scope of functional and strategic matters impacting the achievement of the Group financial objectives. You prepare in-depth analysis and presentations for Group executive leadership.
- Owning and steering of all relevant Cash Flow, EPS, Debt and Value Creation KPIs for the Group across all forward-looking processes (Rolling Forecast and Strategic Plan) including designing and development of underlying financial models with the aim to deliver consistent, ambitious and reliable plans
- Driving decision making through value-based resource allocation, underlying risk assessments and scenario modelling
- Investigating Group/Sector financial results during short and midterm Forecasts as well as long-term strategic plan to identify performance gaps, checking progress towards target achievement and recommending gap closing actions
- Engagement with Function/Business Stakeholders to build insight into key business drivers and tactics to identify opportunities
- Manage major group finance projects by ensuring focus on project objectives, driving collaboration across cross-functional team and communicating of conclusions and decisions
- Liaises with Function/Business counterparts, capturing best practices and aligning on standard, harmonized global processes
Who you are:
- a degree in Business Administration / Economics or equivalent
- min. 3-5 years experience in Controlling (experience in valuation is an asset)
- an analytical mindset including high interest in translating data analysis into tangible business recommendations
- excellent communication capabilities to interact with stakeholders and to create networks across departments
- strong understanding and application of financial principles, concepts, practices and standards
- proactive in continuously challenge the status quo to find better ways of working
- highly motivated, engaged and self-organized
- confident in interacting with senior leadership
- fluent in English. Other languages would be an asset (not a requirement)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html