Show All Results
Quality Control Chemist, Lab Lead
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Quality Control Chemist, Lab Lead for MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI, you would perform a range of routine or even non-routine assignments to solve problems of low to moderate
complexity that requires working knowledge and experience in own job discipline. Analyses factual
information and possible solutions to make independent judgement, recommendations, and decisions. May also use best practices to improve products or services.
- Ensure team focus is on safety of all personnel
- Provide training as appropriate based on experience, knowledge, and the tasks at hand
- Train and re-enforce 5S standards in order to maintain an organized workspace
- Lead team assisting supervisor and team as required with operational support, training, information, materials, and equipment to maintain workflow and quality to safely accomplish department objectives
- Conduct chemical suitability tests in accordance with guidelines of the quality management system
- Perform routine analytical tests and primary review in compliance with standardized methodology
- Operate analytical equipment and software such as titration(s), spectroscopy, chromatography, and more
- Support general laboratory functions and routine maintenances
- Identify opportunities for quality improvement in compliance with Quality Management System
- Write and submit quality deviation record(s) for management review
- Contribute to the document management program: Create and update department SOPs
- Communicate with relevant management and departments to ensure customer focused excellence
- Prioritize responsibilities in alignment with established department goals
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, or other Life/Physical Science
- 4+ years of laboratory or quality review experience
- Some graduate coursework
- Basic understanding analytical tools and equipment
- Safe chemical handling practices
- Ability to compute chemical calculations and conversions
- Database software management skills
- Microsoft Office, Power Point, Excel, Word etc. experience
- Understanding of Data Integrity
- Skilled in expert analytical troubleshooting and development
- Knowledge of expert analytical techniques and applications
- Skilled at interrupting and presenting on complex scientific data
- Leadership, project management, and delivery skills
- SAP experience
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 quality standards
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.