Show All Results
Chemical Manufacturing Operator 1
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
$3,000 sign-on bonus for 2nd shift if hired!
$4,000 sign-on bonus for 3rd shift if hired!
Manufacturing Operator I
The Manufacturing Operator I at MilliporeSigma will produce and purify chemical compounds to meet the requirements of MilliporeSigma customers by completing the following tasks on a daily basis:
- Produce and purify chemical compounds to meet the requirements of MilliporeSigma customers
- Stage materials utilizing a variety of warehouse equipment including pallet trucks and Powered Industrial Trucks
- Verify the quality and integrity of materials and equipment
- Perform in-process analytical testing
- Update batch records, computer systems and SAP per ISO procedures
- Follow and support all safety and quality procedures and systems
- Wear an air helmet, respirator mask, safety shoes, rubber apron, chemical protective suits and gloves, safety glasses and goggles to protect from toxic or corrosive chemicals
- Work in occasional wet, humid abnormally hot or cold environment
- Sit, stand, walk, reach above the shoulder, stoop, kneel, twist or crouch for long periods of time
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Work with and in proximity of hazardous chemicals
- Use close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus
- Use a range of office, laboratory and manufacturing equipment
- Work near moving mechanical parts
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's Degree in Chemistry, Biology or other science discipline
- Prior industrial work experience or chemical handling
- Strong mechanical proficiency and mathematical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Read and understand written protocols
- Understand chemical reactions and hazards
- Understand ISO and quality systems
- 3:00 PM-11:30 PM, Mon - Fri
- 11:00 PM-7:30 AM, Sun – Thurs
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.