Show All Results
Associate Production Scientist - 2nd Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Associate Production Scientist at MilliporeSigma in Milwaukee, WI will be responsible for manufacturing or evaluating products according to established protocols, providing technical support to others, and performing operations in support of the group and department.
This Associate Production Scientist role is also offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus!
- This position is on 2nd shift, with work hours of 3:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Perform multi-disciplined, established processes, assays and/or unit operations, primarily those requiring a higher level of skill and knowledge.
- Safely perform operations to meet quality expectations throughout the process.
- Ensure you are adequately trained to perform tasks/assignments.
- Clean up equipment and working areas during and after operations.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain equipment, prepare reagents, restock lab supplies, waste disposal).
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to the attention of a supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality guidelines.
- Ensure all applicable log books have been filled out completely as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed, including participation in quality audits.
- Accurately perform procedures independently.
- Identify problems and limitations of analysis.
- Perform routine troubleshooting.
- Review of final assays and procedures.
- Interface with external customers.
- In compliance with change control procedures, improve processes through application of scientific knowledge, experience, and principles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Participate in process improvements under the guidance of a Supervisor or Scientist.
- Take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe conditions.
- Develop improvement ideas, review impact of changes, and document all work.
- Train personnel and act as a technical consultant as needed.
- Perform and interpret analytical evaluations of products and intermediates.
- May wear appropriate protective gear, such as respirators and chemical protective clothing, for long periods of time while performing daily tasks.
- May involve occasional lifting and pushing of up to 50 pounds.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Biochemistry
- 1+ years of independent lab research or industrial experience.
- Laboratory and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of ISO Quality standards.
- Familiarity with laboratory instruments and production equipment.
- Proficiency with analytical techniques and equipment.
- Knowledge of safe chemical handling methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer, mechanical, and troubleshooting skills.
- Interpersonal and organizational skills.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.