Show All Results
Associate Director Business Development
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
As part of the Business Development team, you will play an active role in achieving the company's strategic goals and representing the business in key partner and customer meetings. As part of your responsibilities, you will execute, lead, and support a wide range of programs and projects across EMD Digital. Specifically, your role will entail driving strategic projects aimed at developing and advancing key partnerships, supporting EMD Digital’s global expansion, and developing strategies for new markets. Some of the ways you will be able to accomplish this are by:
- Identify and recommend high potential customers and market segments (domestic and international) via trend analysis, analytic tools, and techniques to drive opportunities and sales.
- Create scenarios and develop go-to-market strategies and execution plans.
- Establish relationships and drive business expansion with new and existing clients
- Monitoring and analyzing market, industry, competitor, consumer, and other relevant data sources to identify patterns and trends and translate those into actionable insights and act on those.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Science (MBA and Ph.D. preferred)
- 6+ years of professional experience in the Healthcare, Pharma, or alternatively Semi-conductor market
- Minimum of 4 years in Business Development, Strategy, or Commercial roles
- Project and Program Management experience
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- The ability to collaborate on and manage multiple projects simultaneously is a must.
- Ability to work autonomously, be well organized, and able to set the right priorities
- Ability to engage and communicate effectively at all levels with key internal and external stakeholders within a matrixed environment
- Strong global networking skills with the ability to build relationships with top-level internal and external executives
- Experience in building a digital business and/or innovation management is a plus
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Razor-sharp focus on what creates value
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.