Show All Results
Head of Global Analytical Technology
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
Responsible for developing and maintaining best in class analytical capability for the Global Semiconductor Materials sector. Broad knowledge and expertise in analysis of semiconductor materials. Manage, coach and develop analytical teams in R&D Centers and supporting Thin Films, Planarization, Patterning and Specialty Gases BF’s Lead the development of next generation analytical roadmap and develop collaborations or evaluations for key techniques that will be required for meeting the analytical of our customers. Primary contact with customers on analytical related conversations. Continuously evaluate gaps in our current analytical capabilities and looking for the improvements we can incorporate into existing or new facilities. Represent EMD Electronics at SEMI Standards Committee and IRDS. Accountable for the performance of the Global Analytical Technology team.
The Manager position will be responsible for the following:
- Global Analytical team management responsibility with established development plans for Analytical Technology Managers
- Development of needed analytical expertise to meet the needs of the customers.
- Establishing next generation analytical roadmap aligned to existing gaps and future customer needs.
- Ensuring consistency in processes followed at different locations.
- Managing the effective transfer of methods to QC teams
- Managing the execution and on time completion of analytical capital projects
- Developing and maintaining the capital plan for analytical instrumentation
- Lessons learned and continuous improvement for all new products related to analytical methods.
- Enable cross sharing of analytical learnings between groups in different locations.
- Ongoing collaboration with technology and marketing managers to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Ensuring that the analytical teams are following EMD Electronics Safety policies
- Mentoring of staff to enable them to reach their full potential.
- Customer Engagement and Presentation
Who You Are:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry/Physics with over 10 years’ experience in the analysis of chemicals
- Broad knowledge of different techniques used in the analysis of Materials.
- Five or more years of Supervisory and Management experience
- Strong organizational, communication and execution experience
- International travel may be required up to 20%
- Chromatographic analysis of formulated chemicals
- Trace metals analysis using ICPMS.
- Sample preparation for OS, OM precursors
- Safe Handling of specialty gases
- Analysis of specialty gases using chromatography & spectroscopic techniques.
- Statistical analysis using JMP.
- Some of the above experience can be gained through short term assignment at a relevant location (Hometown, Tempe, Carlsbad, Branchburg)
This position can be located in Tempe, AZ, Carlsbad, CA, Branchburg, NJ or Hometown, PA
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.