Show All Results
Data Science Expert
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
You will be joining the Use Case Execution Team of the Digital Solutions Unit of Semiconductor Solutions. The Use Case Execution Team collaborates with our internal experts in the business to execute our Use Cases for customers and suppliers. They implement our structured problem-solving method by conducting process & data mapping, data analytics, and generation of data-driven hypotheses to accelerate internal learning cycles for product and process development. The projects are across all business fields, ranging from manufacturing, quality, supply chain, and R&D to marketing and sales. Domestic and international business trips as required up to 5%.
- As data science expert you will acquire, clean, analyze data in laboratory, pilot, and production scales in chemical manufacturing plants with special focus on electronic chemicals.
- You will use chemistry and physics principles for interpreting the results of data analytics
- You use your expert knowledge in physics to derive first principle and data-based models for advanced process control in collaboration with R&D and process experts
- You participate in continuous improvement efforts based on Process Analytical Technologies and data analytics results
- You will utilize complex interrelations and translate quality and system dynamics requirements into innovative and robust technical solutions
- You will manage medium-sized interdisciplinary and global teams of specialists from Project Management, Manufacturing, Quality Control, Quality Assurance, and other departments on site to achieve these goals.
- You will perform a mix of doing and delegating design, coding and management tasks
- You will work with worldwide, cross functional teams in development, project management and operational functions.
- Deliver comprehensive oral and written reports and updates to the leadership, stakeholders, and customers.
Who you are:
- PhD in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering (Process, Chemical, Bio, Mechanical) or other technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience working with an international team
- 1+ years of experience with at least 2 of the following: Technical Operations, Data-based modeling, Advanced Process Control, and/or First Principle modeling
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, and Engineering (Process, Chemical, Bio, Mechanical) or other technical discipline
- 3+ years of experience working with an international team
- 2+ years of experience with at least 2 of the following: Technical Operations, Data-based modeling, Advanced Process Control, and/or First Principle modeling
- Strong skills in Machine Learning, Statistics and Predictive Modelling
- Demonstrated success in contributing to the advancement of projects, project teams, and process improvements
- Demonstrated experience with Lean and/or Six Sigma projects or in data-driven process optimization projects
- Ability to champion new technologies that can be applied to improve site-wide performance
- Ability to coordinate information exchange and manage data generated by a variety of data streams
- Ability to motivate others and work collaboratively with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills – oral and written
- Comfortable reporting results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds/cultures
- Experienced in global organization working with highly technical team members
- Experience in R&D within Electronics industry (preferably in semiconductors) is a plus
- Technical experience is required in at least 2 of the following tools: MATLAB(R), R, Python or Julia and JMP, Minitab or SIMCA
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.