Show All Results
Chemical Operator I
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
As a Chemical Operator, you will be responsible for performing the daily production duties of his/her production area along with the other Operators of the production. The employee will assure optimum operation of equipment by maintaining full compliance with operating instructions and Company policies and procedures as well as assuring the safe and environmentally compliant operation of the production processes.
- Participate in process performance analysis and improvements within areas of responsibility
- Assist other shift members by performing normal operator duties
- Pack containers, material handling, coordination of chemical transfers from vessel to vessel through filtration processes
- Maintain technical databases as requested by Lead Operators and/or Production Management
- Review shift notes and providing detailed information of production status during shift turnovers for assigned areas
- Provide on-the-job training to Chemical Operator I classification as requested by Production Management
- Shift: 12-14 hours on a rotating shift schedule on a regular basis
- Work at times in extreme climates (high/low temperatures and humidity)
- Climb stairs, ladders and walk long distances during the workday
- Move and handle heavy objects with appropriate equipment
- Will have annual physical associated with material handling and PPE usage
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED with 3+ years manufacturing process experience
- 1+ years of experience in Microsoft Office Suite with specific emphasis on Excel and Word
- 6+ months Forklift experience
- A High School/GED degree with 3+ years of chemical operator manufacturing process experience in a continuous operations environment (24/7 rotating shift work)
- 1+ years of basic math coursework
- Associate degree with background in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Leadership experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Technical knowledge in chemical manufacturing environment
- SPC experience preferred
- CPR and First Aid certification
- Exposure to Lean Six Sigma and ISO certification
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.