Show All Results
Technical Engineering Lead
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Manage and coordinate construction projects with up to 250 tradesmen. Manage design firms on projects up to $10MM in fees. Manage capital projects at any designated site around the world. Responsible for total project budgets of up to $100MM. Support corporate capital expenditure budgets of greater than $300MM annually. Manage and complete an average of 1 – 10 capital projects annually. Interview and evaluate engineering candidates for employment. Train, coach, develop and mentor junior engineers and support staff. Plans, monitors and manages internal projects from initiation through completion. Secures required resources, and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes. Manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs. Gives full transparency on status of projects with respect to budget, schedule, scope and risks. Interprets critical business issues and develops innovative solutions that help to sustain competitive advantage.
Who You Are:
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering required, Chemical preferred
- MBA or MS Engineering or related field desirable
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMI PMP) or ability to obtain within one year of hire
- Minimum of 10 years engineering experience in a chemical manufacturing and distribution environment with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong knowledge of formal project management processes and tools, utilizing these tools to initiate, manage and close complex projects
- A basic understanding of Life Science production processes, supply chain and distribution as relates to customer needs desirable
- Able to ensure detailed planning across all functions and ensure alignment between multiple stakeholders
- Good skill in identifying interdependencies and ensuring alignment within projects
- Ability to communicate actively with all stakeholders at all levels within the organization (e.g., tech cluster head, PMO, group functions, etc.) to achieve best results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and meeting management skills
- Experience managing small to large capital projects’ scope, budget and schedule through project life cycle
- Ability to evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions
- Develop project requirements and approximate costs
- Procure necessary contractor services, material and equipment to support capital projects and processes
- Manage and coordinate project design and development of construction documents
- Experience managing quality objectives through all phases of projects
- Excellent, disciplined and demonstrated documentation skills
- Proficient in the use of standard office software
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and ability to manage and print documents
- Attend seminars, conferences and training to maintain and expand technical expertise
- Lead departmental process improvement efforts based on annual objectives
- Advanced technical engineering skills
- Ability to understand and provide direction to assure compliance with MilliporeSigma’s and external regulatory agencies’ policies, codes, standards and regulations
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, delegation, team building and customer service skills
- Strong in relationship building and negotiation strategies, ability to influence, network, drive and manage change
- Demonstrated leadership effectiveness that aligns with MilliporeSigma’s values and competencies
- Demonstrated proficiency in communication and interpersonal skills, and leading in matrix environments
- Proven ability to prepare project reports and funding requests
- Coordinate financial project evaluation and business case development
- Fundamental understanding of quality systems and requirements (ISO standards, Quality registrations, GMP, etc.) where applicable.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.