Show All Results
Sr. Project Controls Specialist
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Sr. Project Controls Specialist will provide support to programs/projects executed by the Strategy & Business Development group. A primary focus for this position will be supporting a large greenfield project in Sheboygan, WI with the following key tasks:
- Support program/project team members/manager with project initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & controlling and closing.
- Schedule management – develop and maintain program/project schedules using MS Project. Includes ongoing understanding and discussion of project critical path and deviations, identification of potential mitigation paths, discuss, decide, update and broadcast.
- Cost estimation and cost control – develop estimates and track program/project CapEx and OpEx spend to meet quarterly spend targets.
- Cost and progress reporting – gather information from various sources (i.e., SAP, project execution documentation) including one-on-one project updates with program/project team members/ manager and vendors, analyze data, draw conclusions based on KPI metrics, generate dashboards and reports for informing, tracking, and trending.
- Program/Project assistance such as writing purchase orders and approval of invoices
- Work with Controlling to ensure proper accrual of spend
Who You Are:
- Bachelor or master’s degree required (finance, project management or a related engineering discipline such as process engineering, civil engineering, architectural engineering)
- 5+ years of experience either in project management or controlling
- Excellent project management capabilities
- Familiar knowledge and experience with scheduling software such as MS Project
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) knowledge and experience
- Medium to high level of knowledge and experience using Excel (macros, pivot tables, graphics, pie charts, pareto graphs, SPI [schedule], CPI [cost] curves)
- Ability to navigate financial systems and tools (SAP experience preferred)
- Experience working with capital budgets and reporting
- Manages multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Advanced analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision making
- Advanced communication (both written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Teamwork-minded with strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with greenfield construction projects
- Effective math and computer skills
- Experience working in multinational companies and cross-functional matrix organizations; international exposure
- Applies analytical abilities to diverse issues
- Ability to verify data and present statistical reports and documentation
- SAP proficiency
- Certified Associate in Project Management – knowledge of project management processes and methodology
- Experience with EVM Methodology
- Microsoft Power BI knowledge and experience developing interface and dashboards for program/project status reporting based on data from multiple sources
Position can be based in either St. Louis, MO with 30% travel requirement or Sheboygan Falls, WI.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.