Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is hiring for a Process Engineer in Tempe, AZ. The Process Engineer with support the operations team in the blending of CMP formulations.
- Support process development from initial engineering feasibility through manufacturing implementation, including verification and validation activities, equipment qualification, and initial production
- Drive Operations improvement programs, implement SPC/SQC and other statistical techniques to monitor and reduce variation in manufacturing processes, and develop and conduct training to support this effort
- Support SPC/SQC data requirements for both commercialized and pre-commercialized materials
- Develop and sustain databases for customized control charts that include raw material, supplier data, in process, finished goods and CofA parameters
- Work with quality assurance and quality control for optimal raw material usage
- Participate in regular manufacturing planning sessions, such as, SPC trend reviews and material reviews
- Support MOC (management of change) activity related to product lines
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and engineer them effectively into the product lines
- Learn product lines from end-to-end for full process optimization
- Drive efforts to improve product and process quality by performing material characterization studies, performing DOEs for process optimizations
- Identify and implement cost-savings initiatives in manufacturing and QC processes
- Assist the quality, manufacturing, and technology teams with troubleshooting efforts in the event of quality excursion, as needed
- Support Manufacturing and the Supplier Quality group to solve vendor-related issues in a timely manner
- Create and maintain procedures to support manufacturing, as needed
- Integrate and sustain new products within the manufacturing portfolio
- Support batch-automation and data analytics and visualization systems
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other science discipline
- 1+ years of experience in a chemical manufacturing site
- Knowledge of chemical delivery/blending/manufacturing experience a plus
- Knowledge of DFSS, DMAIC, RCCA, FMEA a plus
- Experience with plant instrumentation and automated production processes
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on approach
- Ability to read a P&ID (Piping & Instrumentation Diagram)
- Experience with process hazard analysis/reviews
- Demonstrated safety focus
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and teamwork abilities to support a diverse environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.