Show All Results
Senior Data Scientist (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
You will be joining the Digital & Data Office, Electronics. The team is responsible for driving data analytics in our Electronics Business sector – by enabling data democratization, data governance, empowering a data driven mindset and delivering data analytics solutions. The projects are across the whole business sector, ranging from manufacturing, supply chain, R&D to marketing and sales.
The Senior Data Scientist is expected to lead project teams and act as product owner. These teams execute analytics projects and develop algorithms and applications to solve our business problems. This includes tasks like stakeholder management, presentation of results, coordination of work packages for the project team and the implementation of algorithms. You are expected to give guidance and consult less experienced colleagues and share your knowledge throughout the team and the company. Moreover, you help our internal customers to understand and implement the results.
Who you are:
- Master or Ph.D. in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or a similar field
- Three to six years of professional experience outside academia
- Strong skills in Machine Learning, Statistics and Predictive Modelling
- Project management experience
- Programming skills, e.g. Python, R, Java, C++
- Experience in using cloud-based (e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure) analytics stacks
- Comfortable reporting results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to work with people from various backgrounds/cultures
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to share knowledge and skills
- Preferably experience in Visualization Tools, e.g. Tableau, Qlik as well asData processing and/or database programming skills, e.g. SQL
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com