Show All Results
Customer Service Representative
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Customer Service Representative, located in Tempe, AZ, will be responsible for ensuring high customer satisfaction. This role will be hybrid-remote, requiring 1 to 2 days per week in the office, and the hours will be Monday to Friday.
As the Customer Service Representative, you will:
- Quickly and reliably take care of customer orders/requests
- Handle the entire life cycle of an order from the time the order is placed to when it is paid
- Trouble-shoot billing issues
- Enter orders, customer account maintenance, price & availability checks, as well as the management of customers and/or Key Accounts
- Communicate shipping dates and respond to customer inquiries for orders
- Work with internal stakeholders to provide quotations for new business
- Interface between our customers/distributors and internal stakeholders such as supply chain, logistics, sales, and manufacturing sites
- Ensure high delivery service level to external and internal customers, such as communicating tracking information, shipping dates, etc.
- Enter customer complaints, which may involve late deliveries, order issues, billing, and quality, as needed
- Follow up on service-related complaints, including determining root cause, corrective and preventative actions
- Help establish and follow all SOPs
- Meet established KPI's with regards to order management and service provided to our customers
- Utilize tools relevant to the Customer Service position, such as SAP, Salesforce, proprietary software named Track and Trace, and Microsoft Office
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Salesforce
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Experience with Outlook and Microsoft Teams
- Experience and knowledge of supply chains
- Some higher education preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- The ability to manage stressful situations
- Efficient at multi-tasking
- Highly motivated and organized with attention to prioritizing incoming tasks
- Able to meet the challenges of a dynamic and agile environment, while maintaining a strong level of professionalism
- Strong ability to efficiently build relationships and networks
- Able to take accountability for customers assigned
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.