Show All Results
Engineering Technician Supervisor
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Engineering Technician Supervisor involves part planning and coordination of the technician's daily workflow to support various departments while ensuring that the production goals of the organization are met. The Engineering Technician Supervisor is primarily trained in the skills and techniques related to a specific branch of equipment, with a practical understanding of the relevant engineering concepts and a strong understanding of mechanical and electrical framework to support a cross-functional team.
- Assist engineers and various departments in projects relating to research and development or focus on post-development activities like implementation or preventative maintenances procedures and forms.
- Support various departments (Production, Quality Assurance, Quality Customer Care, Prototype, R&D, and Warehouse).
- Communicate any issues or opportunities that may affect product quality to the manufacturing team.
- Lead the team and reduce equipment downtime; including utilization, prioritizing, and implementation of time management to increase efficiency.
- Maintain efficiency and upkeep of critical manufacturing equipment through effective troubleshooting techniques and data analysis.
- Identify and improve equipment downtime and increase equipment uptime opportunities.
- Investigate elevated issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions related to these more complex issues.
- Cooperate and communicate with Production leads and supervisors to ensure that the scheduled target is met.
- Demonstrate high equipment and process knowledge for various manufacturing processes.
- B-shift Monday to Thursday 2pm 12:30am.
- Lift, push, and or pull equipment/material weighing up to 50 pounds
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline with 1+ year of management, supervisory, and or team lead experience in a manufacturing environment, OR High School Diploma or GED Equivalent with 3+ years of supervisory, management, and or team lead experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization
- Writing skills sufficient to compose a variety of documents, with the ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately
- Good computer skills with experience using Microsoft Offices and math skills to allow for the accurate recording of engineering data
- Ability to use hand tools, small power tools, and test equipment
- Ability to work quickly, accurately, and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Working knowledge of materials, operations, and machinery involved in manufacturing
- Ability to work independently, or in teams, as per the instructions of manufacturing leadership. Ability to work with minimal direct supervision
- Good organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills and ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Certification completion of training and can perform all equipment scheduled, unscheduled, and change over
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and must be flexible to adjust to a rapidly changing environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills to successfully interact with cross-functional teams.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.