Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has an opening in for a Sr. Scientist at our St. Louis location! You will work in a project-focused environment as a member of a multidisciplinary Process Development (PD) group responsible for development and qualification of manufacturing methods to support new product introduction and optimization of existing processes.
- Design and perform laboratory experiments and evaluate data in order to ultimately develop reliable manufacturing and/or QC methods.
- Regularly communicate project status to the PD, project management and Operations teams
- Perform and troubleshoot initial processing of newly developed and/or scaled up procedures with the relevant Operations teams in order to qualify new methods.
- Aid in training and transfer of newly developed methods to the receiving Operations team to ensure long term success
- Write clear instruction in operating procedures for Operations’ use in ongoing future manufacturing.
- Apply Root Cause Analysis tools in order to address manufacturing issues
- Design and develop new products focused on providing solutions for customers in the life science field
- Develop manufacturing processes that may require the following: Fermentation / cell culture, extraction of proteins from plant, animal, or bacterial sources, and protein purification.
Who you are:
- Master’s degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or other scientific field
- 4+ years of experience with protein purification and characterization, chromatography (IEX, HIC, SEC, etc.), enzymatic assay, recombinant protein expression, and/or microbial cell culture in a chemical manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or other scientific field
- 6+ years of experience with protein purification and characterization, chromatography (IEX, HIC, SEC, etc.), enzymatic assay, recombinant protein expression, and/or microbial cell culture in a chemical manufacturing environment
- PhD in Biochemistry, Microbiology, Molecular Biology or other scientific field
- Experience in independent lab research or chemical manufacturing
- Experience using AKTA purification systems and Unicorn software
- Experience with microbial genetics, molecular cloning techniques, and standard molecular biology techniques
- Experience culturing yeast and/or other non-E. coli microbes
- Experience using bioreactors /fermenters (such as Sartorius BIOSTAT)
- Experience with any of the following: strain engineering, synthetic biology, mammalian cell culture, immunofluorescence, Western blotting
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.