Show All Results
Mechanical Equipment Engineer III
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a member of the R&D Validation & Applications Center (VAC) Engineering team at MilliporeSigma, you will actively manage and support our physical test lab equipment. Your contribution includes identification, development, and implementation of continuous improvements to electromechanical/hydraulic test equipment and test methods using sound machine design and engineering principles. You will be responsible for driving new capital equipment acquisitions and upgrades thru all project phases, including qualification and validation of associated test methods. Your role also includes prompt hands-on equipment and instrumentation troubleshooting and repair in efforts to minimize downtime.
- Collaborate with Validation peers, Facilities, EHS, Internal/External Contractors, Equipment Vendors, IT, and Finance to drive improvement projects.
- Interact with other groups, such as, R&D, Plant Operations, Quality, and Product Management.
- Travel on occasion to our U.S. manufacturing facilities and suppliers <10%.
Who you are:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Applied Science AND 5+ years related technical experience
- 5+ years of experience with project management skills in managing capital equipment projects – URS, FMEA, vendor selection, design review, SAT/FAT, IQ/OQ, commissioning
- 5+ years hands-on experience performing equipment and instrumentation troubleshooting and repair using root cause analysis tools.
- 5+ years of experience authoring formal protocols and reports utilizing good documentation practices and strong technical writing skills.
- Use of statistical tools such as Gage R&R, DOE, Cpk in Minitab
- Experience in the development and execution of test method validations
- Working knowledge of EHS guidelines, safety, and ergonomic principles
- Experience with PLC/controls, data acquisition, and digitalization
- Exposure to equipment calibration and preventive maintenance procedures
- Experience with product development process and working on cross functional teams
- Knowledge of MilliporeSigma filtration and single use products and systems
- Knowledge of GAMP, data integrity, software validation, 21 CFR Part 11
- Working knowledge of quality principles including ISO and Quality Management Systems and applicable FDA Regulations and USP requirements
- Exposure to change control methodology
- Experience with Autocad and/or Solidworks
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.