Show All Results
Maintenance Technician II - B Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Maintenance Technician II will be part of a manufacturing area that produces high-quality pharmaceutical-grade filtration devices.
- Work side-by-side with your teammates within the department to achieve key performance metrics focused on Safety, Quality, and Productivity within the area.
- Impact team performance through the reliability and accuracy of your own work, and by providing high-level technical support during changeovers/set-ups, troubleshooting, and preventative maintenance activities.
- Perform daily maintenance of production equipment both mechanically, pneumatically, and electrically.
- Drive risk-based decision-making.
- Support operations in achieving daily output.
- Work cross-functionally with quality and engineering for continuous improvement.
- Evaluate and optimize Preventative Maintenance (PM) activities.
- Ensure accurate documentation of all activities.
- Communicate issues cross-functionally and between shifts to ensure timely resolutions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B Shift – Monday – Friday 1:30pm – 10:00pm
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 45lbs
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+years of maintenance experience working in manufacturing, commercial, facilities, or automotive environment.
- Proven mechanical, machine tool, and equipment repair skills
- Experience and ability to become a Qualified Electrical Worker (QEW)
- Familiarity with EH&S, ISO, cGMP, and other regulatory requirements in a manufacturing
- Ability to read and understand mechanical and electrical drawings and P&ID’s
- Experience with Microsoft products, basic CAD drawing
- Understand safe work practices and has experience in a lockout, tag out, electrical safety, etc.
- Lean/Six Sigma experience
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- BasicElectro-Mechanical and pneumatic knowledge along with experience applying this knowledge to process/equipment troubleshooting
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.