Show All Results
Senior Quality Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD is seeking an experienced Quality Engineer (QE) to join Quality Assurance group in Hometown, PA supporting the Specialty Gas business field. The QE will provide day-to-day Quality Engineering support for a fast-paced semiconductor materials manufacturing operation. She/he will be a key quality driver for site activities including statistical analysis, problem solving, data automation, action plans, RFCs, and preventative actions to reduce/eliminate risk to product performance to customer.
- Lead root cause investigations for customer complaints and quality investigations using model-based problem-solving techniques
- Ensure customer 8Ds meet expectations, timelines, and provide robust preventive/corrective actions
- Participate in or lead customer-interfacing quality activities in support of root cause investigations and improvement efforts
- Evaluate process or material deviations and provide guidance for the disposition of non-conforming product
- Use analytical tools to drive continuous improvement of quality-related work processes
Data Analysis and Automation
- Support site SPC program
- Provide SPC/SQC data support and customized trend charts to assess and monitor product/process performance
- Lead data automation and digitalization analysis by pulling data from various databases and creating automated visualization dashboards
- Apply LEAN Six Sigma practices to implement and improve plant quality standards and processes
- Provide support to maintaining KPI reports or regular quality reports required by customers
- Lead predictive techniques/ advanced data science analytics to identify control points and ensure quality before product manufacturing
- Strong hands-on knowledge of statistical process control (SPC/SQC), root cause analysis and corrective action (CAPA), problem solving, FMEAs, Design of Experiment (DoE), continuous improvement (CI) activities, management of change, and document control systems
- Hands-on experience with process improvement, data automation, and data digitization highly preferred
- Strong Data analysis and data preparation automation knowledge with background in programming (Python, Java script, SQL, Alteryx/DataIku, Tableau)
- Proficient with statistical software including Minitab, JMP, NWA
- Strong interpersonal skills with experience working in a collaborative environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple activities and projects
- Self-motivated and self-starter with the ability to work on multiple activities and projects in an organized and timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and strong presentation skills
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, chemistry, or other technical disciplines
- Experience with problem solving and investigation methodologies, statistical analysis, and data automation
- Awareness of quality principles and tools such as quality engineering, reliability engineering, quality codes and standards
- Proven project management experience as a leader and contributor
- Previous experience in a chemical manufacturing facility
- Applied experience with SPC/SQC and statistical techniques (Minitab/JMP), MS Office Tool (Excel, Word, Power points) skills, ISO management systems
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
- SAP experience
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.