Show All Results
Maintenance Technician B Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician position is to maintain and install equipment, change over equipment, perform scheduled maintenance and to provide leadership, expertise, and training to other department members. This is a multi-skilled position that is capable of completing work orders that cross over traditional disciplines.
- Perform Corrective, Proactive and Preventive Maintenance of equipment.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Participate in the call-in projects/meeting.
- Complete all training curriculums.
- Provide direction and expertise to others in the department.
- Troubleshoot and repair Mobius manual, automated and semi-auto equipment.
- Perform moderate physical activity.
- Work near moving mechanical parts.
- Work in a louder noise environment, but usually moderately.
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Wear an mask, safety shoes, cleanroom gowning suit, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles on occasion.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED and a Trade School degree/certification in HVAC.
- 2+ years experience in a maintenance, manufacturing, production, treatment facility, or related environment
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or related Mechanical discipline
- Certification in repairs & maintenance
- Use the Management of Change Process effectively and good documentation practices.
- Communicate using excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Use excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Generate and lead process improvements.
- Use excellent organizational and 5S skills and leadership skills.
- Use self-motivation and high productivity skills.
- Accept direction and meet deadlines
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions and knowledge of cGMP.
- Write clear, thorough work instructions.
- Use basic PC software (windows, word, Excel, email).
- Use CMMS software.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, basic shop tools
- Read gauges and understand units of measure.
- Identify parts needed for a repair.
- Make decisions and resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.).
- Use precision measuring equipment (caliper, gauges, etc.).
- Troubleshoot, design, install, maintain electrical power and control circuits up to 480V.
- Understand Ohm's law, AC/DC, Parallel and Series circuits, Industrial Electricity.
- Understand electrical safety (grounding, arc flash, etc.).
- Use electrical testing equipment (multimeter/fluke meter).
- Troubleshoot electrical motors, repairs, installation.
- Use calibration equipment to calibrate or test all types of instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot instrumentation (flow, level, pressure, temperature, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and repair analytical equipment/instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot and repair fluid and vacuum pumps.
- Engineering Supports of projects, equipment moves, new equipment validation and existing equipment validation
- Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups of people at various levels within an organization
- Ability to work in a flexible way that allows for changes in assignments and priorities depending upon identified needs of the unit
- Organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately and meet deadlines with frequent interruptions
- Ability to perform routine, repetitive tasks accurately
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.