Show All Results
Logistics Operator II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Now offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus for those that qualify!
The Logistics Operator II in Carlsbad, CA will be responsible for the transfer, storage, and shipment of GMP samples, intermediates, and final product. This position will also assist in inventory counts and activities for shipping or destruction of materials as part of inventory maintenance.
Essential job functions:
- Follows established site and departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Transport of GMP materials to the designated manufacturing, quality, or storage facilities.
- Ship GMP products to clients and testing facilities.
- Generation of air bills and assembly of shipping documentation package.
- IATA certified and trained in other shipping regulations.
- Support inventory management consisting of reconciling and maintaining of samples, intermediates, and final product inventory through cycle counts.
- Comply with safety guidelines, especially with handling of biohazardous and temperature-sensitive materials.
- Order materials as directed by the department manager.
- Maintain the layout and accuracy of the inventory management system.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects (50 lbs).
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Complete tasks with attention to detail.
The employee will perform moderate physical activity
Who You Are:
- HS Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of warehouse or logistics experience
- 2+ years of working with desktop computers with basic knowledge of software applications and database routines
- GMP experience
- Electronic Management Systems
- Hazardous material disposal experience
- Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures (FedEx, etc.)
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.