Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Electronics Technician at EMD Electronics in our Tamaqua location is responsible for the fabrication, wiring and hook up experience of Instrumentation and Electrical equipment.
- Act as task leader for basic maintenance activities.
- Assists in training and supervising employees of lower levels.
- Read blueprints, P&ID's, single-lines, ladder logic, and wiring schematics.
- Repair and troubleshoot analog and discrete instrument loops.
- Effectively use typical test and calibration equipment, including pneumatic calibrators, RTD calibrators, MA calibrators, T/C calibrators, digital and analog multi-meters, meggers, and laptops for equipment communication.
- Follow step-by-step calibration procedures.
- Use computerized systems to enter and retrieve data.
- Troubleshoot and repair 480 VAC 3 phase motor controls as well as 120 VAC control circuits.
- Troubleshoot PLC problems through knowledge of PLC logic and operations.
- Will perform all duties wearing a full-face respirator or a self-contained breathing apparatus.
Who You Are:
- High school diploma or GED
- Trade/Technical degree or apprenticeship in a related field
- 2+ years of experience in chemical manufacturing environment
- The ability to comprehend verbal instructions and to develop written instructions
- Capacity to work well in a team environment
- The ability to handle competing priorities, and adjusting to the business needs of Operations
- Ability to safely operate all hand tools and large power tools including bench saws, panel saws, drill presses and welders, and to perform more than basic tasks on these machines.
- Ability to safely build basic electrical circuits.
- Detail oriented and willing to document details appropriately.
- Strong troubleshooting and fault isolation skills.
- Familiar with PLC's & PLC logic
- Experience with Siemens, Emerson, Allen Bradley or other DCS
- Experience with high voltage switching equipment
- Strong personal safety philosophy.
- Strong organizational skills
- Team oriented and have a willingness to learn and further develop technical skills.
- Ability to read and understand basic P&ID’s, electrical schematics, and ladder diagrams.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.