Show All Results
Instruments & Controls Engineer
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
The Automation Engineer will provide process controls engineering and instrumentation support for globally.
You become a member of Process Controls and Analytical Technology Engineering team and contribute to the success of large capital investment projects worldwide.
The principal accountabilities include the front-end process control designs for novel chemistries starting with the design of process control architectures in close collaboration with process engineers and other engineering disciplines.
You are responsible for its detailed design, build-up, installation and commissioning of the plant by co-working with suppliers. Be an internal subject matter expert in instrumentation, system integration, control logic & programming of process automation systems.
Able to grasp complex interrelations and translate customer requirements into innovative and robust technical solutions.
You are keen in interfacing and close collaborating to other disciplines, project management team, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) firms during all project phases.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automation, Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years experience of Automation/C&I engineering.
- Acumen in process engineering.
- Advanced knowledge in DCS design, software engineering and automation standards.
- Experience in plant automation programming (DCS/PLC/SCADA) using relevant tools, methods and technologies.
- Experience with SIEMENS PCS7, Allen Bradley.
- Basic knowledge in application of safety analysis for the design of plants and life safety controls.
- Experience in the selection of instruments suitable for the specific applications, including safety and Ex proof components.
- Ability to work on global, interdisciplinary teams.
- Master’s degree in Automation/Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Knowledge in Process Analytical Technologies.
- Deep knowledge of EX protection (NEC500, ATEX, IECEx) is preferred
- Deep knowledge and performance of safety analyses for the design of plants and special equipment
- Knowledge in advanced process control technologies and experience in applications in process industries.
Functional Area: Engineering & Skilled Trade
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com