Show All Results
Principal Electrical Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the project team/s with expertise in electrical engineering in a manufacturing environment. You will be managing assigned Capital projects, with the support of multidisciplinary team, to full cycle accomplishment from initiation to closure. You will have the responsibility for managing design, engineering, regulatory permitting, management of change inputs, risk management, developing schedules and tracking, creating request for proposal, associated documentation, creating purchase orders, tracking actual spent versus budget and committed spend, safe execution, construction management, communicating with the stakeholders and end users, and managing and external firms and contractors, suppliers.
- Provide support and coordinate Capital projects of various sizes and budgets of up to $25MM from initiation up to closure, with complexities and different geographies.
- Manage design firms on projects up to $2MM in fees.
- Manage and safely execute projects involving multiple contractors and upto 50 tradesmen.
- Strong knowledge of electrical engineering with respect to electrical safety, electrical single line diagrams, reviewing and commenting technical drawings, knowledge of equipment such as transformers, motors, power cabling, motor control centers, switch gears, generators, UPS, lighting, arc flash studies, basic power calculations, grounding and bonding, and other electrical equipment generally used in manufacturing.
- Train, coach, develop and mentor site wide engineers and maintenance engineers on matters related to Electrical engineering.
- Lead and complete an average of 5 to 8 small to mid-sized capital projects annually, with multidisciplinary team support.
- Give full transparency on status of projects with respect to budget, spend, schedule, scope, changes and risks throughout project lifecycle. Maintain project files on shared resources and on web portal.
- Coordinate with vendors and contractors for timely start-up and commissioning aligning with production and maintenance teams.
- Evaluate problems and opportunities and develop solutions.
- Manage and coordinate startup, commissioning and closeout of projects
Who You Are:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMI PMP) or ability to obtain within one year of hire.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in chemical, EPC firms, food or pharmaceutical industry in Capital projects management with responsibilities in projects design, engineering, equipment, execution, budgetary, contractor management and documentation.
- MS degree in Engineering.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suit, MS Project and AutoCAD.
- Exhibit a passion for continuous learning and problem solving.
- Strong knowledge of formal project management processes and tools, and the ability to utilize these tools to initiate, manage, and close complex projects.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and meeting management skills.
- Ability to understand and provide direction to assure compliance with the policies, codes, standards, and regulations.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.