Show All Results
Facility Maintenance Technician I - 3rd Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Facility Maintenance Technician I
The Facility Maintenance Technician at MilliporeSigma in Sheboygan will assist with facility and maintenance activities at the site.
- Maintain and repair equipment, facilities, and utility systems
- Complete corrective and preventive maintenance work orders
- Identify and report unsafe work conditions
- Become familiar with the Management of Change Process for changes
- Ability to generate process improvement solutions.
- Conduct miscellaneous duties and tasks as assigned
- Read, understand, and follow work instructions and procedures
- Use basic software (Windows, Word, Excel, Email) and CMMS software
- Operate a forklift and a man lift
- Read, redline, and understand all types of drawings/schematics including gauges and units of measure, materials of construction and chemical compatibility
- Operate hand tools, power tools, and basic shop tools (grinder, drill press, sand blaster, band saw, etc.) and identify parts needed for repair
- Ability to learn how to troubleshoot, maintain and repair mechanical systems, EHS equipment and systems, electrical power and control circuits up to 120 Volts, boilers, chillers, HVAC and air handling systems
- Make decisions and resolve problems (analyze alternatives, evaluate risks, etc.)
- Exemplary attendance and adherence to schedule, accept responsibility, meet deadlines, and contribute to department goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including good documentation practices
- Excellent cleanliness, organizational, and 6-S skills
- Excellent self-motivation and productivity skills
- Follow all safety rules and regulations
- Future participation in possible weekend work rotation
- Perform work related travel as necessary
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of maintenance experience
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Maintenance, or other Engineering discipline
- Demonstrated experience with preventive & predictive maintenance
- Ability to collaborate with other departments
- Experience maintaining electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of CMMS Systems
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
Shift - 3rd Shift - Sun. - Thurs. 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.