Show All Results
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Laboratory Manager at MilliporeSigma will manage changes to critical raw materials and changes/evolution in manufacturing technologies which present a risk to plant operations and ultimately to product sales. Discontinuation or modification of critical raw materials requires sourcing of alternate materials/suppliers and confirming that the "new" materials perform equivalently in our manufacturing processes and in performance of affected products. Often changes of this type have broad impact across multiple sites and multiple product lines. The Process and Technology group in Millipore Sigma Operations is responsible for the oversight and general management of these broad qualification efforts. The role of Laboratory Manager within this group is to lead and manage the laboratory that supports this work and in addition conduct ongoing testing to support product designs and claims.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field OR 3+ in laboratory operations and supervision
- Focus on excellent record keeping and consistently following and encouraging thorough laboratory practices. Familiarity with bacterial retention and biocompatibility testing and a very high attention to detail is also required. Additional requirements include the following:
- Previous supervising experience in a technical laboratory. Manage routine and non-routine testing requirements.
- Excellent communication skills and experience with standard Microsoft Office software as well as an ERP for purchasing.
- Work in a highly matrixed organization with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience in a GMP environment.
- Familiarity with physical testing, bacterial retention and bioburden testing and aseptic techniques for membranes and associated devices or similar experience.
- Familiarity with biocompatibility test requirements and management of these studies
- Strong experience developing, writing, and following written test methods and procedures.
- Understanding of statistical methodology in application to laboratory data.
- Adapt to changing priorities quickly and balance workload of several projects simultaneously.
- Experience with electronic documentation systems.
- Develop and track laboratory budget
- Develop and mentor laboratory staff
- Lift and move laboratory equipment up to 40 pounds
- Communication of status, risks, and progress of qualification efforts to management and key plant personnel.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.