A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Specific Job Description
- The Senior Analyst will work with architects, leads, functional analysts, and other technical analysts to understand business requirement, design and build scalable solutions using SAP BI frameworks to successfully implement requirements that meet business need.
- Designing, developing, modifying, maintain complex data model to source and house data in a SAP BI data warehouse from various source systems. The responsibilities are primarily technical, although there is a strong element of functional understanding of business process to work with BI related modelling aspects of a small to medium project.
- Proven experience in supporting an existing complex SAP BW environment is a must for this position.
- Good interpersonal skills with strong technical skills to deliver consistent level of performance. Demonstrates the ability to lead developments as needed and is also a strong team player.
- The scope of responsibility for the position of Senior Analyst proven ability to understand business process and ability to link the requirements to appropriate areas in the BI Data modelling cycle.
- Use specialist knowledge to challenge custom BI development opportunities and exploit standard solutions (several examples) with the ability to influence future proof recommendations within a project.
- Establish a strong reputation for being an ‘expert’ in specific areas of expertise.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with the Project Manager and plan to the correct level all the tasks related to data modelling, extraction, transformation, loading and storing in a data warehouse environment.
- Provides accurate estimates, and persistently stretches the capability of the junior team to meet challenging internal targets.
- Provides clear status of tasks and activities to all relevant people on the project.
- Having the ability to balance the project commitment against the support needs of the business.
- Work with the global team as required, especially with regard to Medium/Low tickets making sure effective planning has been carried out to protect project commitments.
- Unconditional support to assist in knowledge enhancement & empowerment of the ‘BI super user’s’ to better use BI tools available for their analysis & reporting requirements.
- Helps identify improvements to process, particularly to enhance visibility, insight & agility.
- IT compliant on process disciplines (Project reporting, timesheets, change management)
- Impacts the effectiveness of own works team through the quality and timeliness of the work produced.
- Largely works within standardized procedures and practices to achieve objectives and meet deadlines and gains some discretion in problem solving.
Scope of People Responsibility
- Manages own workload effectively and efficiently.
- Expands technical contribution and encourage knowledge management and promote the cross-fertilization of ideas and information between teams.
- Foster BI & other developers to grow and mentor to help ensure overall solutions are delivered on timely manner.
- Provides training for members of the team and ensures team effectiveness.
- May provide informal guidance and support to colleagues with less experience.
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different view point.
- Fostering accountability throughout the team to uphold strong governance in the form of standards, methodology and requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to work as a team member on a project, and is able to effectively work with a larger global team.
• Requires a graduate degree (or equivalent) that provides knowledge of theories, principles and concepts within a IT discipline. Master’s degree preferable.
- Overall 7+ year of experience in IT
- Minimum of 6+ year’s core experience in SAP BW, business objects and related areas in a technical capability and a strong understanding of business functions to support business models. Good to have experience on BW on HANA.
- Good BI Data modelling experience.
- Good to have BI Coding experience able to right code routines
- Demonstrate extensive experience in areas of SAP BW and related tools including business objects tool sets.
- Can demonstrate value-add of solutions delivered which often accumulate to more than the of annual salary costs.
- Demonstrable experience as a constantly requested member for projects in past work experience and a solid track record of consistency and reliability.
Job specific Competencies & Skills
- Highly committed Team Player
- Excellent written and Communication Skills
- Good negotiation skills to bring about a positive change.
- Strong Business Acumen
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills.
- In-depth proven practical technical experience in SAP business data warehouse experience to support Business intelligence applications.
- Multi-year/project experience of chosen environment SAP BW, BW on HANA, BOBJ and related front end tools.
- Able to quickly gain users confidence & build strong partnership with them and other IT colleagues in supporting different solutions related to business intelligence type analytics and data warehousing.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Multi-skilled – in different BI technologies in the SAP ecosystem including SAP BW , business objects and BO data services.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com