Show All Results
Sr Data Engineer - Group Functions
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Job Title- Data Engineer
Job Location- Bangalore (Electronic City)
We are looking for savvy Data / Machine Learning Engineer to join our - Advanced Analytics team. As part of this engagement, you will impact the business of Healthcare, Life Sciences and Performance Materials. Together we build solutions that will enable a seamless, highly scalable omni-channel experience for a multi-billion-dollar enterprise. You will work closely with Project Delivery Managers, Data Scientists, Architects and Business Stakeholders to design and develop world class data platform and solving business problems by leveraging the power of data.
- Design, build, test and deploy cutting edge solutions at scale, impacting millions of customers worldwide drive value from data at Scale.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery and machine learning algorithms, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability and speed.
- Identify right open source tools to deliver product features by performing research, POC/Pilot and interacting with various open source forums.
- Interact with engineering teams across geographies to leverage expertise and contribute to the tech community.
- Engage with Project Management and Business to drive the agenda, set your priorities and deliver solutions by leveraging the power of data.
- Assemble large and complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Building and optimizing Machine Learing workflows to deliver actionable insights to the business.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and communication with stake holders with minimal supervision
- Flexibility to support project issues during weekend and non-working hours.
- Self-starter, lifelong learner and curiosity are also key qualities that help to define successful candidates.
- 2 to 8 years of experience in software development/Data & Machine Learning Engineering and minimum 2+ years of experience in Big Data engineering.
- Experience working with Big data Ecosystem like (AWS cloud native tooling, HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, TEZ, Spark, Oozie, Sqoop, Kafka and Any NoSQL databases).
- Hands on experience in at-least one of the programming languages – Python (preferred), , PySpark, Java, Scala along with non-procedural language such as SQL.
- Experience working with LLAP and/or spark – LLAP will be a plus
- Experience in creating data and machine learning workflows to control Java, Hive, Spark, SSH and Shell actions.
- Experience in Linux/Unix shell scripting.
- Experience working with large data sets in distributed computing to perform Massive parallel processing which Contributes to build analytics pipeline.
- Experience in building python modules and packages to make reusable components
- Experience handling workflow failures for the running data & machine learning pipelines
- Troubleshooting application issues by analysing the logs.
- Experience in implementing performance optimization techniques in HQL, Spark applications, Python, Scala and Sqoop jobs as well as machine learning hyper-parameter tuning.
- Should be a thought leader and also a good team player.
- Knowledge in data privacy and security and being able to develop practices here together with the respective business functions such as IT Security and Data Privacy Office
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com