Show All Results
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
Everything we do in Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
As a Senior Project Manager in the Semiconductor Engineering Project Management team, you will lead the project planning and execution of a variety of complex Capital investment projects ranging from production equipment installation to infrastructure modification and greenfield building construction in the future.
These types of projects require selection of execution strategy, process scope development, estimating, project planning, hazard review, detailed design, contractor selection, construction management, safety management, commissioning and startup.
In this role, you will collaborate with global and cross-functional teams. To be successful, you will need to translate complex issues into practical concepts and will be counted upon to solve unique or sophisticated project management issues.
Since a major determinant of project success is effectively using internal and external resources, you will also need to continuously support assessment of technical capabilities of engineers, suppliers, and contractors.
As a project management authority, you will keep advancing your skills through continuous education and on-the-job training, introduce improvements into the company, and propagate standard methodologies and lessons learned
Who you are
• BS degree in Chemical Engineering or Project Management
• Approximately 10 years professional hands-on experiences in managing capital projects (brownfield
or greenfield project) as Project Manager
• Experience in executing small to large capital projects using various execution strategies including
use of engineering design, procurement, and construction (EPC) and/or design-build (DB) contracts
• Fluent in English, both verbal and written; Chinese verbal and written preferable;
• PMP Certificate is a plus
• Experience with various roles: owner, EPC or contractor – is a plus
• Open to regular travel
• Experience implementing projects in a chemical process plant environment
• Experience in industrial process plant construction and construction safety practices, chemical piping and equipment installation practices
• Knowledge of Taiwan OSHA PSM (Process Safety Management) requirements and direct experience in chemical plant safety programs
• Knowledge of robust project engineering systems as well as strong awareness and sensitivity to the complexities and safety challenges of implementing specialty materials manufacturing processes
• Validated ability to solve sophisticated problems and deal with a variety of situations while maintaining expected cost, schedule, quality and scope
• Proven experience as a senior member of an engineering leadership team, helping to identify solutions and develop engineering resources
• Wide range of PC software skills needed to effectively run project timelines and spending
• Experiences in implementing projects in a chemical/ gas process plant environment is a plus
• Knowledge of robust project engineering systems as well as strong awareness and sensitivity to the complexities and safety challenges of executing specialty materials manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of OSHA PSM (Process Safety Management) requirements and direct experience in chemical plant safety program
• Rich experiences in Value Engineering or Cost Optimization in technical investment projects
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html