Show All Results
Network Engineer 2
Work Your Magic with us!
Ready to explore, break barriers, and discover more? We know you’ve got big plans – so do we! Our colleagues across the globe love innovating with science and technology to enrich people’s lives with our solutions in Healthcare, Life Science, and Electronics. Together, we dream big and are passionate about caring for our rich mix of people, customers, patients, and planet. That's why we are always looking for curious minds that see themselves imagining the unimaginable with us.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Network Engineer 2 at Milliporesigma will report to the Head of Networks for North/South America and is an important part of the foundational layer of the infrastructure organization for the company.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other members of the network team, the IT organization and the business community
- Act as an integral part of the global the network team providing support and services primarily during North American business hours.
- Handle support and escalation activities brought to the network group via support tickets, automated monitoring, user reporting, etc.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required as necessitated by business need
- Enforce network and network security standards throughout the infrastructure
- Provide a positive and professional user experience at all times when engaging both internal and external users.
- Be part of a performance driven, risk taking culture that promotes open and honest feedback.
- Think globally and work across departments and geographies, encouraging teamwork that respects diverse backgrounds and cultural differences to drive results.
- Ability to travel domestically 10% and internationally up to 10%
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in full-cycle design, engineering, configuration and administration of routers & switches, firewalls, multi-segment networks and MPLS WANs
- 3+ years of enterprise wired and wireless network technologies experience
- 3+ years of experience with various networking protocols and technologies such as HTTP – HTTPS – DNS – VPN (IPSec/SSL) - TCP/IP stack – FTP – TFTP – SMTP - IEEE Standards – QoS – VoIP (H.323, SIP) OSPF, MPLS, ACL's, eBGP /iBGP, 802.1D/W, Policy Based and Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, VRF and Virtual Device Contexts
- Bachelor’s Degree or IT / Network Certifications
- Organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Potential out-of-business hours maintenance work, as required
- Analytical, problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and growing environment, while using sound judgment to resolve complex issues and challenges.
- Comfortable initiating change
- Able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We celebrate all dimensions of diversity and believe that it drives excellence and innovation, strengthening our ability to lead in science and technology. We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all to develop and grow at your own pace. Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to work their magic and champion human progress!
Apply now and become a part of our diverse team!
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html