Show All Results
Network Engineer 2
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Network Engineer 2 at Milliporesigma will report to the Head of Networks for North/South America and is an important part of the foundational layer of the infrastructure organization for the company.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with other members of the network team, the IT organization and the business community
- Act as an integral part of the global the network team providing support and services primarily during North American business hours.
- Handle support and escalation activities brought to the network group via support tickets, automated monitoring, user reporting, etc.
- Work outside of normal business hours may be required as necessitated by business need
- Enforce network and network security standards throughout the infrastructure
- Provide a positive and professional user experience at all times when engaging both internal and external users.
- Be part of a performance driven, risk taking culture that promotes open and honest feedback.
- Think globally and work across departments and geographies, encouraging teamwork that respects diverse backgrounds and cultural differences to drive results.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in full-cycle design, engineering, configuration and administration of routers & switches, firewalls, multi-segment networks and MPLS WANs
- 3+ years Knowledge of enterprise wired and wireless network technologies
- 3+ of various networking protocols and technologies such as HTTP – HTTPS – DNS – VPN (IPSec/SSL) - TCP/IP stack – FTP – TFTP – SMTP - IEEE Standards – QoS – VoIP (H.323, SIP) OSPF, MPLS, ACL's, eBGP /iBGP, 802.1D/W, Policy Based and Static routing, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, VRF and Virtual Device Contexts
- Bachelor’s Degree or IT / Network Certifications
- Organizational and time management skills
- Interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Potential out-of-business hours maintenance work, as required
- Analytical, problem-solving skills
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced and growing environment, while using sound judgment to resolve complex issues and challenges.
- Comfortable initiating change. Is able to handle the stress related to balancing multiple issues and perspectives.
- Ability to travel domestically 10% and Internationally up to 10%
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.