Show All Results
Maintenance Contractor Supervisor
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The basic function of this position is to provide leadership in organizing and directing the maintenance contractor activities to safely achieve production and quality goals. The maintenance contractor supervisor ensures daily assignments are understood and successfully completed. The maintenance contractor supervisor will ensure the site maintenance contractors maintain a safe and clean work environment complying with site procedures, safety, and environmental programs. This position is Mon-Fri, typical business hours, however, you may be called in for emergencies and will be on-call for at least one weekend per month.
The position responsibilities include:
- Assign all corrective, preventive and outage work orders to the appropriate resident and non-resident contractors based on supply chain priorities and in compliance with site collective bargaining unit agreement
- Review fully developed scope of work and cost estimates (labor, material, equipment, special tools, and sub-contractors) to complete the job in a safe and cost-effective manner
- Use diagrams, sketches, OEM manuals, and engineering specifications with basic troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques to aid the maintenance contractors as needed
- Maintain a clear understanding of the status of each scheduled job; including a monthly job log
- Validate daily time sheets and invoices. Perform timely goods receipt of invoices
- Create purchase requisitions as needed
- Collaborate with sourcing managers and site stakeholders to bid maintenance support contracts
- Facilitate daily toolbox and monthly safety meetings
- Effectively represent and actively participate in the site Basic Safety program
- Proficiency in issuing safe work, excavation, and confined space permits, including scaffold inspection and crane lift plan development
- Train to Confined Space Supervisor Level
- Track and maintain contractor records related to safety programs, certifications, licensing, and training. Participate in annual review of contractors
- Track and report maintenance department KPI’s
Who You Are:
- Associate degree in Mechanical Technology, Electrical Technology, or another technical field
- 3+ years industrial maintenance or construction experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years in industrial maintenance or construction experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Ability to multitask effectively in a challenging, dynamic work environment
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office; SAP experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Capable of interacting with multi-discipline teams including contractors, plant operators, maintenance crafts, engineers, and management
- Functional knowledge of P&ID's, PFD's, mechanical and electrical prints
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Our Benefits - https://www.emdgroup.com/en/careers/benefits.html
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut, Colorado or New York City, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.