Show All Results
Senior Process Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Senior Process Engineer at MilliporeSigma will conduct Process Engineering activities associated with new manufacturing processes or improving existing manufacturing processes. Job responsibilities will include statistical performance of processes and process equipment to ensure minimum variability in product quality, maintaining the operation systems, working closely with on-site contractors on their scope of work, and acting as a liaison between Plant Process Engineering Department and production plants.
- Support a total sales revenue of $5M+.
- Manage total capital expenditures needed.
- Establishes operating equipment specifications and improves manufacturing techniques.
- Inspect performance of machinery, equipment, and tools to verify their efficiency and investigates and initiates corrective action of problems and deficiencies to ensure product quality.
- Develop and/or implements systems improvement projects and support maintenance and production groups in resolving technical and engineering issues.
- Review capital equipment fabrication activities to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications, regulatory safety standards, and user requirements.
- Investigate and develop new processes required to improve manufacturing operations and processes.
- Develop cost estimates, obtain quotes, and generate capital requests to support new processes and capital equipment purchase.
- Facilitate training for individuals involved with the operation and maintenance of processes and equipment introduced to the manufacturing department.
- Initiate, review/approve change requests, and develop implementation solutions to support operational needs.
- Manage capital projects to acquire and install new process equipment and process equipment utilities.
- Scale up chemical processes to ensure safety and regulatory requirements are met.
- Take part in and contributes to a safe working environment by following corporate and departmental safety regulations.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Bioprocess or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in an engineering role.
- Master’s Degree in an Engineering discipline.
- 1+ year experience hands-on engineering with process equipment, improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Chemistry and Material Science knowledge.
- Manufacturing and plant process experience.
- Proven ability to participate as part of a team.
- Liquid and/or solid product processing and/or packaging experience.
- Project management knowledge.
- Effective scientific problem-solving skills.
- Effective ability to interact with customers, contractors, and co-workers in a productive manner.
- Effective written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Effective ability in creating, editing, and reading PFDs & P&IDs.
- Hands on in using ChemCAD or other process simulation software.
- Ability to monitor and understand control systems.
RSRMS MilliporeSigma Millipore Sigma
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.