Show All Results
Medical Director, Neurology & Immunology (all genders)
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
In this role as Medical Director, Neurology & Immunology, you oversee specific medical aspects within Global Clinical Development for the Neurology Therapeutic Area, providing overall clinical and scientific leadership. This role provides medical and clinical guidance for the global therapeutic team, plans, guides and manages clinical trials, aiding study design and interpretation of results. You provide scientific input and drive submission/registration documents, concept sheets, protocol, study reports, briefing books, investigator brochures and publications. You are a critical member of multi-disciplinary teams in a success-driven matrix environment, manage internal and external stakeholders and mentor and work along Clinical Scientists towards high-quality execution of agreed clinical development strategies. In being a strong leader and team player with strategic thinking and a growth mindset you seamlessly work in a dynamic matrix organization with experience in cross-functional and international teams. You have a strong passion for developing and bringing new treatment options for persons suffering from neuroinflammatory and neurodegenerative conditions.
Who you are:
- Medical Degree (MD) or international equivalent
- 5+ years of clinical neurology experience in academia or the industry
- Board Certification in Neurology preferred
- Experience in design and conduct of clinical studies is a plus
- Clinical experience and scientific track record in Multiple Sclerosis preferred
- Good understanding of drug development processes
- Experience in leading teams
- Working knowledge of GCP, ICH, US FDA and EMA regulations
- Excellent in development strategy and operational implementation, highly skilled in problem solving, track record of meeting milestone deliveries under tight deadlines
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and leadership skills of project and clinical teams
- Ability to work collaboratively and seamlessly in intense, fast paced, cross-functional, multinational work environment
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.merckgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html