Show All Results
Head of EHS & Site Security
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be responsible for managing and leading the EHS and site security functions, providing strategic and tactical direction, leadership, and technical support to advance EHS and security requirements and programs for the Carlsbad Viral and Gene Therapy Manufacturing site. This position will actively lead continuous improvement initiatives to build a best-in-class safety culture and support the company goal of achieving and maintaining a hazard free workplace, injury free employees, and an unmatched commitment to environmental stewardship.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably with an Environmental, Health and Safety focus
- 8+ years of dynamic EHS experience, with 3+ years in a Supervisory or Manager capacity
- Knowledge of CA State and federal regulations (OSHA, EPA etc.), general industry concepts, practices & procedures, and experience with permitting issues, data collection and reporting
- Experience responding to medical emergencies, odor concerns, spills, alarms, and other events
- Capable of identifying known or potential hazards and developing and implementing proactive corrections in conjunction with Corporate EHS support and guidance
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with regulatory authorities, government officials, major customers, and senior executives within the organization
- Proven leadership ability with good interpersonal skills to effectively respond to emergencies, constantly evolving situations, deadlines, or working conditions. Demonstrated ability to work with management and diverse employee populations to develop and lead effective EHS programs in a matrix organization
- Experience conducting Safety and Environmental training as required by site and corporate standards and federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Experience managing and maintain EHS recordkeeping systems to track EHS events, self-assessments, inspections, training, metrics, risk assessments, and corrective actions for the site
- Experience with waste management, including hazardous waste
- Advanced degree preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) and/or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Experience creating and managing a budget including resource allocation and priority setting
- Experience working with internal and external partners to ensure a safe work environment and that all EHS requirements are adhered to during construction of an expansion project
- Ability to provide professional problem-solving input to both short term and long-term issues, including performance of root cause analysis on accidents and injuries to resolve specific actions needed to prevent reoccurrence
- Successful leadership and hands-on direction of EHS issues in major operating facilities and business functions that support divisional projects
- Familiarity with biosafety requirements for microbial agents and management of biohazardous waste
- Strong technical writing skills, including writing and editing EHS related procedures
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.