Show All Results
Megasys Maintenance Technician
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
EMD Electronics is seeking a Maintenance Technician for its MEGASYS® team in Austin, TX.
In this role, you will be performing daily intrusive maintenance on systems that maintain supply of chemicals and gases to a semiconductor manufacturing environment that makes the chips used in electronic devices such as Smart Phones, LED's, and Flat Screen TV's.
This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
Technicians will be expected to work a compressed schedule including 12-hour shifts.
This dynamic role will handle a range of responsibilities, including the following:
- Work side-by-side with your teammates within the department to achieve key performance metrics focused on safety, quality and productivity within the area.
- Impact team performance through the reliability and accuracy of your own work.
- Provide high level technical support during troubleshooting and maintenance activities.
- Perform daily maintenance of chemical, gas, and/or slurry systems.
- Complete technical writing for process development.
- Provide accurate documentation of all activities.
- Read, understand, and develop Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Performing technical repairs of equipment
- 40% of walking throughout the facility (5-6 miles per day)
- Climbing of ladders up to 12-foot-tall (utilizing fall protection)
- Basic lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Bending of the knees and overhead reaching
MEGASYS® is the branded name for EMD Electronics services where EMD Electronics Technicians and Engineers provide on-site gas and chemical/slurry management.
Military Veterans: MEGASYS® is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company value the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Two-year degree in a technical discipline
- Previous safe work practices and experience in lockout, tag out projects
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience with Microsoft products (i.e., Visio, Word, Excel)
- Familiarity with technical diagrams; ability to read, redline, and understand P&ID’s
- Technical aptitude to identify parts needed for a repair
- Ability to read gauges, understand units of measure and use precision measuring equipment
- Understanding materials of construction and chemical compatibility
- Awareness to identify unsafe work conditions and report them to management
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Competency to generate process improvement solutions
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.