Show All Results
Manufacturing Tech II
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
The Manufacturing Tech II at MilloporSigma in Lenexa, Kansas is responsible for producing dry powder media products in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), following all applicable safety and quality guidance.
- Use a computer and specialized program to capture production information.
- Scoop and dump chemicals into containers up to 1,000 kg.
- Complete required batch documentation (recording date/time activities are performed, verifying reports for accuracy).
- Check rooms and equipment for cleanliness prior to use.
- Setup and operate blenders, the pin mill equipment, and clean-in-place system, in accordance with SOPs.
- Control and monitor processes with an operator interface terminal (OIT).
- Stage materials and supplies.
- Set up and operate automated packaging equipment within specified tolerances.
- Fill powder into final containers up to 100 kg in weight.
- Close and label containers. Apply tamper-evident seals.
- Move pallets of product to finished goods storage.
- Perform all activities in a safe working manner and in compliance with all safety policies and regulations.
- Report any unsafe working conditions or safety concerns.
- Gown according to PPE guidelines (scrubs, hairnets, etc)
- Read and Understand all written procedures as outlined in SOPs and batch records.
- Follow all Quality guidelines throughout the production process.
- Report equipment failure or damage, and work with Maintenance to correct problems.
- Maintain good housekeeping in working areas.
- Work as a productive member of a team.
- Make recommendations for continuous process improvements.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Lift 5 pounds for a six-hour period and Occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Maneuver and position mechanical components up to 50 kg
- Stand for long periods of time
***Now offering Sign on bonus: Day shift $3000/ Night shift $5000***
Who you are:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferably with regulatory compliance practices
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude including previous maintenance experience with process equipment or mechanical systems
- Dry product processing and packaging experience
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.