Show All Results
Master Scheduler I
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 60,300 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Master Scheduler I will develop master production plans and detailed schedules to drive manufacturing in a fast-paced Make to Order (MTO) manufacturing environment.
- Perform material analysis to identify material constraints that impact the delivery of discrete work orders to manufacturing
- Liaise with Sales, Operations, and Customer Service to manage expedited shipments and achieve critical customer needs
- Support the monthly S&OP Supply Review processes and other supply chain related initiatives
- Develop and maintain a forward-looking master production plan based on Distribution Requirements Planning (DRP) and Safety Stock demand signals
- Provide continuous analysis of the production plan and adjust to level load and ensure full utilization of stated manufacturing capacity
- Deliver a weekly production schedule (firm) to manufacturing execution that accounts for material constraints and plant capacity balanced against the need to achieve customer delivery requirements
- Conduct detailed material analysis weekly to identify material constraints
- Work closely with Procurement, Internal Suppliers, Engineering, and Logistics to address supply shortfalls
- Implement short-term mitigation places to manage through periods of constrained supply
- Provide monthly updates to Customer Service and Field Sales on customer delivery requirements (order promise dates) that cannot be achieved
- Collaborate with North American and European Customer Service teams to prioritize and manage customer shipment requests that fall outside of quoted lead times (expedite requests)
- Provide input into the monthly S&OP supply review
- Support creation of presentation materials in addition to presenting key supply chain metrics to a cross-functional team
- Execute Supply Chain reporting as needed
- Perform detailed analysis to manage and support supply chain decision-making (e.g. product allocation decisions)
- Support the efforts to drive and achieve departmental goals and objectives
- Act as a key participant in weekly cross-functional team meetings, including but not limited to; daily production meeting, weekly holds meeting, planning staff meetings and S&OP supply review
Who You Are:
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Planning, or related discipline
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent with 2+ years of supply chain planning knowledge and experience with Demand Resource Planning, Master Resource Planning, and other supply chain planning concepts
- APICS certification
- Planning experience in a pharmaceutical, life science or, equivalent environment
- Knowledge of Lean concepts and Six Sigma methodologies through completion of formal training and by leading projects Lead Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Experience with ERP platforms such as SAP or Oracle
- Experience working in a validated environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft excel
- Strong interpersonal, communication written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Capable of interacting with company management teams and cross-functional personnel
- Degree of self-reliance will work under some level of supervision
What we offer: We are curious minds that come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences.
We celebrate all dimensions of diversity. We believe that it drives excellence, innovation, and human progress. We care about our customers, patients, and our rich mix of people. This diversity strengthens our ability to lead in science and technology.
We are committed to creating access and opportunities for all and empower you to fulfil your ambitions. Our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
Join us in building a culture of inclusion and belonging that impacts millions and empowers everyone to bring their curiosity to life!
Curious? Chat with one of our curious minds on our interactive Q&A platform and catch a glimpse of our people, values, and culture. You can also apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you would like to know more about what diversity, equity, and inclusion means to us, please visit https://www.emdgroup.com/en/company/press-positions.html
If you are a resident of NYC, Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
As an employee of the Company, you will be required to comply with all of the Company’s COVID-19 safety protocols and policies. The organization has currently suspended enforcement of its COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, but that policy may be reinstated by the Company in its discretion.