Show All Results
Lead Process Development Engineer
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
This position is within the Process Development group located at Carlsbad, CA. The Development Engineer works hands-on in an engineering development laboratory to optimize and develop purification, packaging and returned container processing operations for new organosilicon and organometallic products under active development.
The Engineer will design and operate, with technical assistance from other employees, pilot scale purification, packaging and reclaim process development units. The incumbent will design experimental optimization protocols and carry out tests, analyze data, compile reports, and generate technology transfer documentation.
The Engineer will also serve as the technical lead for stage gated projects.
- Lead Design Hazard reviews and prepare project proposals that include a detailed scope description, PFD, P&IDs, a cost estimate, prepare concept drawings, and a timeline or schedule for a project
- Lead efforts to upgrade existing processes and contribute to the development of new product offering
- Work closely with vendors and contractors on design and fabrication during project execution
- Routinely document results and give oral presentations on the project(s) status
- Maintain focus on the appropriate intellectual asset management as it relates to a given project
- Keep detailed records and track project spending and identify continuous improvement opportunities
Who you are:
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in chemical engineering and process development
- Master of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in chemical engineering and process development
- Experience with the design & building of pilot plants and analytical instruments (FTIR, GC, ICPMS, Raman, etc.)
- Experience with batch distillation, liquid adsorption systems and ultra-high-purity specialty chemical packaging and handling, including sublimation.
- Experience with air-sensitive materials handling or silicon hydride chemicals
- Strong commitment to safety, health, and environmental leadership
- Should be enthusiastic, innovative, skillful and a self-starter
- Proven track record of safe work experience and safe work practices
- Strong observation, perception, and creativity skills
- Attention to detail, problem-solving mindset, and a systematic approach
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required along with the ability to manage multiple high priority deliverables in parallel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.