Show All Results
Production Supervisor - D Shift
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma, the Production Supervisor will oversee manufacturing operations consisting of one shift and a product portfolio of life science filtration devices. The shift consists of managing a team of 40+ employees to build and sustain a strong manufacturing support team through a balanced approach towards employee safety, product quality, and customer delivery performance.
- Work cross-functionally with support staff including Process, Validation, and Quality Engineering teams.
- Establish and maintain a safe, clean, and well-organized work environment.
- Direct the implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods and standard operating procedures on the production floor.
- Drive continuous improvement efforts in productivity and performance metrics using lean tools and operator engagement.
- Act as a mentor to staff and develops a “learning” organization.
- Accomplish manufacturing goals by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, coaching/counseling team members, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that KPI measurables are met consistently (i.e. MPS, backorder, etc.…)
- Maintain product integrity and ensure that all product issued to work centers is properly accounted for and tracked.
- Manage employee performance through coaching and counseling, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Interact with other departments to obtain required support and foster an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Keep management informed on any production issues that may impact the production schedule.
- Ensure compliance with all EHS and quality regulations.
- D Shift: Friday & Monday, 7:00am – 3:00pm and Saturday & Sunday 7:00am – 7:00pm
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years progressive experience within an FDA-regulated industry or manufacturing environment
- 2+ years in a leadership position or a position of increasing responsibilities with demonstrated leadership skills and responsibilities
- Associates Degree or higher
- Knowledge of QMS, ISO, and cGMP
- Strong leadership skills w/ ability to motivate, inspire, and build a high performing team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Able to clearly communicate issues and areas for improvement to management and direct reports in a timely and easy to understand manner
- Hands-on team player with high energy and work as a collaborative team member and leader to achieve operational safety, quality, and output goals
- Requisite confidence and experience to drive effective, pragmatic, and risk-based decisions
- Proven problem-solving ability and troubleshooting skills. Good decision-maker
- Collaborative and likable team player. Always looking to share and advance best practices
- Ability to drive change and challenge the status quo in a respectful/professional manner
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.