Show All Results
Process Control Automation Engineer
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
MilliporeSigma has an opening for a Process Control Automation Engineer in Kankakee, IL . In this role you will be Review automation capital projects and provide guidance to project teams to ensure equipment selected is in line with established platform standards (hardware, software revisions, documentation, drawings, etc.
- Develop and maintain a backup strategy for PLCs (Rockwell, Siemens, etc.), HMIs, and other automation equipment in conjunction with established corporate procedures, monitor, and maintain manufacturing network infrastructure (network, switches, firewalls, access points, etc.) and work with IT to establish a DMZ or other network segregation strategies
- Responsible for performance, equipment reliability, and uptime percentage
- Establish standards and manage process control utilizing Six Sigma/Lean methodology
- Provide leadership for optimal functioning and reliability of equipment and processes.
- Knowledge of common electrical codes/standards (NFPA 70E/497/499, NEMA, NEC, ISA 88/95, etc.)
- Ensure safety standards are always followed and improved on wherever and whenever possible
- Professionally and systematically guide the refinement of the preventive maintenance function on electrical systems to maximize reliability
- Provide electrical designs for assigned projects, with an emphasis on support of electrical power distribution. This engineer supports multiple sites and multiple projects concurrently. Project deliverables include electrical and project estimates, electrical equipment specifications, power distribution and grounding design review, equipment and materials purchase requisitions, electrical drawings, construction bid packages, and qualification of electrical equipment, including electrical equipment includes medium and low voltage distribution and motors/pumps.
- Ensure the application of NFPA/NEC regulatory standards in conjunction with MilliporeSigma local and corporate standards
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from ABET accredited school
- Knowledge of applicable NFPA (NEC) and NEMA codes
- Experience with PLCs (Rockwell/Allen-Bradley preferred), DCS (Siemens preferred), and related process automation equipment such as VFDs, instrumentation, and discrete control devices is a strong plus
- Chemical/FDA maintenance and/or project experience strongly preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.