Show All Results
Megasys Maintenance Supervisor
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
EMD Electronics is seeking a Supervisor for its MEGASYS® team at Austin, TX. The Supervisor will oversee technicians working on systems that maintain supply of chemicals and gases to a semiconductor manufacturing environment that makes the chips used in electronic devices such as Smart Phones, LED's, and Flat Screen TV's. This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
MEGASYS® is the branded name for EMD Electronics services offering where EMD Electronics technicians and engineers provide on-site gas and chemical/slurry management on an ongoing contractual basis. MEGASYS® personnel are assigned on a full-time basis ranging from 7 day / 24-hour coverage to periodic service calls. The scope of supply includes services maintaining the operation, and repair of gas, chemical and planar distribution equipment; bulk liquid gases management, container handling (cylinder, drum, tote, isotainer, etc.), inventory management, gas and chemical blending equipment; chemical reprocessing, life safety systems, and first responder services. They will ensure compliance in operation and procedures, emergency preparedness, and drive flawless execution.
The Supervisor will receive direction from the Discipline Manager and be responsible for cascading site goals, objectives, and directives to their area in gas, chemical or slurry systems. The Supervisor will be accountable for the training, certification, and execution of activities on shift. This individual will also be responsible for the development of their support staff.
- Act as key customer interface for departmental equipment issues
- Cascades and supports organizational goals and objectives for the site team
- Responsible for shifts being staffed appropriately to perform the scope of service
- Handles time approvals for direct reports, including corrections and excused absences in the time management system
- Execution of the Basic Safety Process (BSP) program in their department
- Maintains qualifications manuals and assign mentorship to help achieve technical growth in their department
- Communicates change in the department and accountable for change management across all shifts
- Ensure corporate, site training, and certification requirements are met by all technicians in their department
- Facilitate safety training and certify all personnel to perform work as required
- Monitor safety processes/requirements for the site (perform spot checks of the operation)
- Escalate/communicate issues to customers as required by site protocol
- Facilitates incident investigations and drives corrective measures to closure
- Responsible for the development of Shift personnel
- Monitors department and shift personnel based on key performance indicators
The Supervisor will be expected to work a compressed workweek in 12-hour shifts, as well as on a rotational day to night/night to day work schedule.
- 40% of walking throughout the facility (5-6 miles per day)
- Climbing of ladders up to 12-foot-tall (utilizing fall protection)
- Basic lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Bending of the knees and overhead reaching
Military Veterans: MEGASYS® is a military-friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company value the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years Industrial / Semiconductor experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in any Technical discipline
- 2+ years of management experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Continuous improvement experience
- Experience with gas and/or chemical delivery systems in ultra-high purity operation
- Strong technical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.