Show All Results
Area Business Manager, Harrisburg - Neurology & Immunology
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Your role: The Area Business Manager (ABM), Neurology & Immunology - Harrisburg, is accountable for the strategic business management and sales results of an individual territory, serving as the liaison between customers and EMD Serono. Working in collaboration with the overlapping Thought Leader Liaison, the role focuses on building customer alliances and establishing and maintaining product market leadership by identifying customer needs and providing customer-centered solutions. You have solid business acumen, possess strong consultative selling skills, keen analytical skills, and an established network of business relationships with neurologists treating patients with multiple sclerosis. We are seeking strong and determined sales leaders willing to make a daily impact on patient outcomes!
- Display the highest level of professionalism, ethical behavior, and integrity in all aspects of the ABM role.
- Achieve territory sales goals and objectives consistent with Company and Therapeutic Area guidelines, as well as PhRMA guidelines.
- Pursue individual improvement over time against Competency Model.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative approach with internal and external stakeholders to meet customer needs.
- Demonstrate strong critical analysis and planning skills in reviewing data, understanding trends, and preparing/executing applicable plans.
- Maintain a superior level of product, market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, and customer knowledge.
- Expand the number new prescribers and strengthen current prescriber positions with a multi-product portfolio.
- Plan and implement effective professional and patient education programs.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the MS/neurology medical community, with a high-science approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions.
- A valid and active driver’s license
- Travel approximately 30% in territory and surrounding areas.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in any subject area
- 5+ years sales experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry with demonstrated success in sales performance
- Maintain personal level of accountability and ownership of results.
- Self-motivated and thrives with change.
- Proven ability to communicate and collaborate across teams in successful pursuit of goals.
- Experience in MS, neurology, CNS or specialty biologics markets.
- Scientific or clinical background.
- Strong technical proficiency with experience selling in a virtual environment using digital tools.
- Knowledge of managed care and reimbursement systems and experience with pull-through strategies.
- Able to support multiple tasks, initiatives, and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Customer-oriented, energetic, flexible, enthusiastic, and driven.
- Passion for patients.
- This is a field-based role with travel
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.