Show All Results
Scientist - In Vitro Immuno-Oncology
A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
EMD Serono in Billerica, MA is seeking a Scientist to develop and implement in-vitro cell-based assay systems to characterize small molecules or biologics that modulate the tumor immune environment and enhance the anti-tumor immune response, analyze critical data, and perform meticulous data recording and presentation of data. In addition, the candidate will be expected to develop, evaluate, and implement well-controlled in vitro experiments to interrogate target biology, and generate proof of concept data supporting target Go/No Go decisions.
- Independently plan and design experiments
- Establish and optimize biochemical and cellular immune assays
- Effectively record and report scientific results
- Interpret study observations with attention to details
- Actively interact and closely work with team members
- Participate in an interactive, dynamic, team-oriented culture
- Establish a laboratory dedicated to immuno-oncology in vitro research and ensure that studies are conducted in compliance with all internal laboratory practices as well as GRP
- Assure timely documentation of the experiments and corresponding results in compliance with company standards
- Develop novel cell-based assays or platforms for functional target identification, characterization, and biomarker development
- Contribute to the literature-based assessment and experimental characterization and validation of new therapeutic concepts
- Co-ordinate with other lab members and manage the workflow in the laboratory (when needed)
- Provide training to junior laboratory staff members
- Provide regular performance feedback in line with the new eCPD system
- Secure sufficient hands-on support in the laboratory by recruiting trainees and interns
Who you are:
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, or other related Science discipline OR
- Master’s degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, or other related Science discipline with 3+ years’ experience in Immunology and/or Immuno-Oncology (T and /or NK cell biology)
- PhD in Biological Sciences
- Experience with cell-based assays: co-culture assays, reporter assays, cytokine analysis
- High proficiency with immuno-assays including flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays, cytokine release assays, IncuCyte live cell imaging, etc.
- Knowledge of IHC and pre-clinical biomarkers
- Tissue culture: cell line and primary cell culture
- Experience in Molecular Biology: qPCR, Western blotting, ELISA
- Experience with Meta-analysis of data from public databases
- Excellent communication, organization and multitasking ability combined with the capacity to quickly adapt to project priorities to deliver data packages according to established timelines
- Ability to interact with senior management in matrix organization
- Track record of scientific accomplishment and publications in the advancement of new therapeutic concepts
- Capacity for providing intellectual input, creative insight and assisting in the design of project work-plans
- Ability to work independently and as part of multidisciplinary project teams
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.