Show All Results
Associate Product Manager, Cell Culture
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
At MilliporeSigma the Associate Product Manager supports the product management team in managing a specific product line or provides support for various product lines. They serve a vital role in the organization, acting as a General Manager providing leadership across functional teams to maintain and develop the assigned product line. The Associate Product Manager will manage the assigned product line(s) globally to drive sales revenue using appropriate marketing channels (Global field sales, internet, direct, OEM, and custom).
- The process of design/specification of new products and maintenance, enhancement of existing products in the product line(s), ownership of the marketing mix of assigned product lines.
- Grow market share through input and analysis of VOC, market data, literature/collateral development, price and logistic optimizations. Interact with Business Development and R&D to enable successful product development and product launches.
- Manage and track accurate product line forecasting and revenue projections.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders (commercial regions, Biology Tech Marketing, etc.) to ensure successful field sales training, material and other support requirements to achieve sales targets.
- Plan and manage the execution of assigned marketing campaigns and other promotional/marketing activities in a timely manner.
- Support the group’s effort as assigned to meet department, business unit and company objectives.
- Utilize in depth knowledge of biology and peer-reviewed literature, to further engage customers via high-quality technical articles, protocols and other collateral for digital and/or commercial deployment
- Manage projects within specified time frame in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to receive, evaluate and incorporate feedback to meet project deliverables. ISCO/supply chain, commercial regions, eBusiness, quality, R&D among others involved
- Display awareness of scientific buying journey of cell culture customers, and deploy content to nurture users from Education & Awareness, into Exploration, through to Evaluation
- Understand and apply digital marketing tactics to support e-business strategy
- Support new product road mapping process; from ideation to prioritization, evaluation, conceptualization, and development
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or related Scientific discipline
- 2+ years of demonstrated expertise and knowledge in the Laboratory & Life Science market
- 2+ years of experience demonstrating leadership and achievement through product management experience, research, commercial sales, operations, or any combination
- Master’s degree, MBA, or PhD in biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, chemistry, or related Scientific discipline
- Demonstrated capability reading technology and market trends, and strategically planning future product opportunities
- Understanding of key competitors within the life science market
- Basic understanding of digital marketing tactics a plus
- Demonstrated ability to analyze scientific literature and/or market data to gather actionable insights
- Experience working across organizational lines to translate market trends and opportunities into financial business plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-functional leadership skills
- Ability to influence and inspire others
- Ability to manage multiple projects with a high degree of independence
- Effective communicator with excellent presentation and written skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.