Show All Results
Automation Expert f/m
A career at our company is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others.
The Life Science industry is in constant evolution. Digital and automation are becoming key elements in meeting the new challenges and expectations of our customers in the pharmaceutical industry. In this context, the BioMonitoring R&D of Life Science Business Unit is recruiting an "Automation Expert".
We are looking for an engineer with multiple skills, who will be a technical leader with the purpose of automizing our customers' laboratory applications mainly in microbiology quality control.
As a key member of the R&D organization, you will lead the development of solutions dedicated to automize the lab workflow of our customers and will integrate them into their information systems (LiMS, SCADA, TIA PORTAL, ...).
You will have to create strong partnerships with our customers to clarify, elicit and approve their needs You will convert these needs into specifications in order to sub-contract the development and assembly of the full solutions.
The knowledge of PLCs and their programming languages is required, but the main challenge remains in interacting effectively with the various internal and external partners to ensure the delivery of innovative solutions while respecting costs, quality, and time. You will deal with internal and external suppliers in Asia, the United States and/or Europe, and ensure the application of our good development practices. You are curious and willing to explore new technologies.
You will be part of a multi-site R&D global team and work within different project teams.
Position based in Molsheim (67).
Who you are:
- Master of Science with Automation background. At least 8 years of experience in the industry (Pharma and/or Food&Bev industry is preferred)
- Technical management of suppliers and integrators
- Good capacity to elicit the customers’ needs, to discuss and verify them
- Knowledge of software development tools (e.g. GIT, JAMA, …)
- Knowledge of Siemens (S7-1500) and/or Allen Bradley (Rockwell Control Logix) PLCs and their software (TIA Portal, Automation Studio) as well as their interfaces
- Knowledge of the LADDER programming languages (IEC61131). Scripting Python is a plus
- Good knowledge of protocols used in automation and connectivity of instruments and PLCs (LIN, CAN, Profibus, Modbus, Ethernet/UDP), SCADA and LiMS
- Used to work in a multi-cultural environment (France, Germany, USA, Asia) with management of sub-contractors (e.g. IT)
- Knowledge of pharma regulations with a focus on cGMP, GaMP, CFR is a plus.
- Need to be fluent in English. Knowledge in French is a plus.
- Travels 10-15% of time (estimate)
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com