Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
EMD Electronics is seeking Entry Level and Experienced Chemical Technicians for its MEGASYS® team in Santa Clara, CA, and offering a $1500 Sign-on Bonus! This is a challenging, hands-on, rewarding job opportunity for people who want to join a growing business.
Benefits to working with our team include:
- ** Sign on bonus of $1500 available! **
- Comprehensive, paid, on the job training program that allows our employees to quickly learn critical technical skills to excel in this role and rapidly progress in their careers.
- Full tuition reimbursement available!
- Access to strong healthcare and 401k packages!
- Excellent all-around benefits including a starting vacation allowance of 3 weeks.
- Pay, depending on experience up to $47.00/Hr.
Techicians work on systems and maintain supply of chemicals and gases to a semiconductor manufacturing environment that makes the chips used in electronic devices such as Smart Phones, LED's, and Flat Screen TV's. They will ensure compliance in operation and maintenance procedures, emergency preparedness, and drive flawless execution.
Technicians will be responsible for the safe operation of assigned chemical and/or gas distribution systems, with duties including:
- Handling and change-out of gas, chemical, and slurry containers
- Gas and chemical equipment troubleshooting and preventative/repair maintenance
- Computer operations to support job functions and customer needs
- Support of quality systems
- Primary communication point to customer
- Walking throughout the facility for 75% of shift (5-6 miles per day)
- Climbing of ladders up to 12-foot-tall (utilizing fall protection)
- Basic lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Bending of the knees and overhead reaching
Technicians will work 5 - 8 hour days with a typical schedule of 7:00am – 3:30pm or 3:00pm – 11:30pm.
MEGASYS® is the branded name for EMD Electronics services where EMD Electronics Technicians and Engineers provide on-site gas and chemical/slurry management.
Military Veterans: MEGASYS® is a military friendly employer that values the skills obtained through military teamwork. Our culture and company value the leadership and focus on safety that is obtained from your service. Veterans from any branch or MOS with hands-on mechanical skill sets are encouraged to apply.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate Degree, Technical Degree or relevant technical training
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Prior experience working in a mechanical or electronic environment
- Experience with BCD/PCD and gas related equipment
- Experience with gas and/or chemical delivery systems in ultra-high purity operation
- Strong technical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.