Show All Results
A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
US employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date unless an accommodation is granted by The Company. The Company uses the definition of fully vaccinated assigned by the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention for purposes of considering satisfaction of this requirement which is a condition of employment.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Versum Materials US, LLC a part of EMD Electronics business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, is a best-in-class electronic materials company providing high-purity chemicals and gases, delivery systems, services, and materials expertise to meet the evolving needs of the global semiconductor, display and LED markets.
As a Product Engineer for our specialty gas and liquid delivery equipment, you are an integral part of the success of our Delivery Systems and Services business. The business demands that you prioritize safety, quality, reliability, and efficiency. You will drive the execution of new semiconductor equipment offerings that are distributed globally by interacting with quality, operations, engineering, sales, site services, and sourcing teams internally. You will be instrumental in translating customer needs into a valued offering Versum Materials can provide. You will create the engineering solutions to the problems facing the advancement of the electronics industry. Your primary focus will be our Bulk GASGUARD® product line.
- Assessment of requirements and lead execution of custom designs
- Drive improvements in cost and functionality for existing product lines
- Development of new specialty gas and chemical distribution equipment
- Collaborate closely with manufacturing and field services to identify product line improvements and troubleshoot technical issues
- Identify alternate components to address obsolescence
- Line sizing, pressure drop and thermodynamic calculations
- Develop clear scope for electrical, software, and firmware engineering teams
- Strategic selection of components and vendors to ensure profitable products
- Support quality investigations
- Use of management of change process
- Manage product line documentation including standards, specifications, and manuals
- Support sales in technical conversation around custom design with customers
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in a technical role and Engineering Co-op experience
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with a proven track record
- Proven success in applying problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to understand technical details (mechanical design, controls) of products to troubleshoot and drive improvements
- Leadership skills to influence the organizational focus on product development
- Envisioning solutions to meet the industry needs of tomorrow
- Critical attention to detail and investigation skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Solidworks, HAZOP, FMEA, Aspen Plus
- Experience collaborating with diverse, global teams to meet business and customer needs
- Ability to drive change successfully
- Logical and creative thinker
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Semiconductor/microelectronics or related experience is a plus
- Enthusiastic learner, who wants to solve complex problems in a thriving organization.
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
If you are a resident of a Connecticut or Colorado, you are eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday, for assistance.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.